Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes! > Tech Talk

Cable Qaulity
Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #1  
Emerica.
Wicked Sick!

Question Cable Qaulity

Ok so the cable in my room has always been fairly grainy, and I just got a new TV so its VERY noticeable now. Does anyone know a way I could possible increase the strength of my signal? The cable comes into the basement the splits off. Im 2 stories up in my room. There is a splitter at the entry splitting it to my modem and the TV in the basement and then next splitter. The next splitter runs to my living room TV and upstairs to me. Is is possible that the cable is just split too many times? Or that our splitters are ridiculously old? Thanks for any advice.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #2  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica.
Ok so the cable in my room has always been fairly grainy, and I just got a new TV so its VERY noticeable now. Does anyone know a way I could possible increase the strength of my signal? The cable comes into the basement the splits off. Im 2 stories up in my room. There is a splitter at the entry splitting it to my modem and the TV in the basement and then next splitter. The next splitter runs to my living room TV and upstairs to me. Is is possible that the cable is just split too many times? Or that our splitters are ridiculously old? Thanks for any advice.

Get a signal amplifying splitter.

As a matter of fact, don't even do that. Since Analog has less than 1 year of life left, invest in a digital cable box.

Last edited by MegamanEXE : 03-26-2008 at 08:17 PM.