Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes! > Feedback & Ideas

Small suggestions
Old 08-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #1  
Beyonder
X-Login King

Lightbulb Small suggestions

-When I click the link in the old forums to come here, I get a horizontal scroll bar. Maybe because I have my vertical scrollbar set to standard which is a little on the wide side, but if you could srink the forum layout by like 5px that would trim that up.

-The reply and new thread buttons should stand out a little more, maybe a different color background or just a larger, bolder text.

-When I click on spell check I get some page that pops up and tells me I dont have permission to use it or something. So that's why there will be misspellings in this post :p

Old 08-22-2006, 04:24 PM   #2  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

- Increase your resolution :p

- Will look into it

- Fixed permissions, spell check away.

I killed a warlock once, then credits started rolling and it said "Congratulations, you have beat World of Warcraft!" And then I died from Dots.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #3  
Beyonder
X-Login King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhurgoyf
- Increase your resolution :p
I dont think you understand what I was saying. When I open the old FA forums from the website, the window is a set size, and then being linked here there is a horizontal scroll bar. Which for anyone just browsing by our website makes it look unprofessional despite other hard work.

Old 08-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #4  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

1) You are using a low resolution or its your browser.
2) The size of the site CANNOT be changed. Why? Because the top image is a fixed size, 775px.

So there is no "take 5px" off the template, because the only table that is fixed is the one that the banner loads in which cannot be made smaller. If the entire thing loads up fine in a new window, not linked from the old forums, then I will just make it popup a new window for you. But if not, you just have to deal with it... because I have just now tested in firefox and it loads fine for me, no horizontal scroll bar @ 1024x768...

Its either a resolution problem for you or a rendering problem from your browser.

I killed a warlock once, then credits started rolling and it said "Congratulations, you have beat World of Warcraft!" And then I died from Dots.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #5  
Ghostex
Luminiferous Aether

Quote:
ultimatebb.cgi',%20%20'GeneralForums','toolbar','s crollbars','resizable','status',%20800,%20600);

This crap, right?

Old 08-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #6  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

there it is, thanks for pointing it out ghost. I will redo the links there because that is not an issue dealing with the site here, but the way shiz made the popups to the forum back in the day.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:24 PM   #7  
Spin
Wicked Sick!

Is there any way to setup the sub-forums so that when there is a topic posted or a reply made that it sends all the people that are subscribed to it an email?

Old 08-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #8  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
Is there any way to setup the sub-forums so that when there is a topic posted or a reply made that it sends all the people that are subscribed to it an email?

In the User-CP / Edit Options
you can find:
Default Thread Subscription Mode When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
you can change it to email you. Try it out.

khaoz: find me on irc/xfire

Last edited by lhurgoyf : 08-23-2006 at 04:45 PM.