Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

New Clan Ranks!?
Old 03-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #1  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

Default New Clan Ranks!?

The admins have been discussing ranks for a little while now and have come up with a basic structure of what it will look like as well as ideas for names, etc. It was also suggested for the Sects of the Fallen (Divisions) the ranks be adjustable (except for the Leader and Initiate ranks) so that divisions can edit Rank1 and Rank2 as they see fit so that it goes well with their game or whatnot. All the ranks will be represented by certain symbols and so different divisions would be able to discern Rank's 1 and 2 even though they're named differently. Please help us in any way you can by giving opinions, alternate names, etc. Please keep in mind we're focusing on the Fallen Angels theme.

Syndicate of the Fallen - Administration

Overlord - This rank would be what it is now.

CoA - What is now CoA we're unsure of what to call. Below I will list a few options we've thought of. This rank wouldn't be so much of a rank as it would be a sort of council I suppose. The governing body, if you will. Our goal is to take the focus off the Overlords so they don't have to deal with every little detail.
  • Overseers of Judgment - Blood and myself chose this after at least an hours brainstorming. We thought it gave a sense that members of this rank would be interested in righteousness and doing what's best for the clan.
  • Overseers of Reckoning - Sounds better but doesn't have the same meaning as Judgment.
  • Overseers - I thought dropping the second word altogether might look good. I like it but it lacks substance.
  • Syndic - I believe most of us didn't like the "dick" sound.
  • The Dark Council - It was suggested that the name should sound more councilesh since it is, afterall, a sort of council.
  • The Black Court
  • The High Court
  • Board of Advisors

Sects of the Fallen - Division Structure

Praetor - Formerly WL.

Rank2 - This would be like the CoA but on the divisional level.
  • Ascended - It was thought that this kind of condescends that we're 'Fallen'. I agree on that level but I've yet to hear anything better.
  • The Transcended - A spinoff of the above. Doesn't condescend but wouldn't flow very well. "I'm a transcended" doesn't sound as good as "I'm an ascended."

Rank1 - Full members status (currently FA rank).
  • Risen - Again this condescends the whole 'Fallen' thing.

Purgatory - The initiate rank. Self explanatory. Purgatory is the limbo where angels go for judgment.

I believe that covers it all. If I've left something out I'm sorry and feel free to suggest opinions and constructive criticism. Explain why you feel the way you do, just don't go posting "OH THAT FUCKING BLOWS MY LEFT NUT!!111!!1."

One last thing. Don't just post "Oh that looks good." Please take the time to go over all of what we've discussed and explain, for each area, why you like or dislike each aspect. We have put a LOT of time into this new site and the layout and structure of it. This is going to be our future. We expect you to take part in it.

Other random words:
  • Teutonic Knight's
  • Teutonic Order
  • Knight's Templar
  • Order of the Fallen
  • Cathedral Order
  • Cathedral Consulate
  • Battlelords

Last edited by IceBlade : 03-03-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:21 AM   #2  
Stoner
Warlord

OH THAT FUCKING BLOWS MY LEFT NUT!1!!!1!!

J/k: Sounds nice, i like the idea of being able to name your division's individual ranks.

My Imput:
Overlord: No problems here, same as it's always been
CoA: I like the sounds of the "Overseers of Judgment"

Praetor: I dont really like this, because it sounds like the old rank of "Praetor" (aka, leader of CoA)

Purgitory: Same old, no problems here

Some random ranks i'd like to throw out there (for rank 1 or 2)
Fallen Templar
Dark Paladin
Fallen Soldier
Arbiter
Resurrected (As opposed to risen)

Last edited by Stoner : 03-03-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #3  
blood

blood is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner
Praetor: I dont really like this, because it sounds like the old rank of "Praetor" (aka, leader of CoA)
me and ice considered this when brainstorming. the current members might not like to adjust so much but consider the amount of people who will be joining when the website (as a whole, inc. forums) are all set up and functioning.

hence we liked it. valid point none-the-less though.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #4  
Zin
AA Team

Overlord: Sounds nice, no problems here
CoA: I like the sound of the Black Court. . .fallen and dark, has a certain mystic surrounding it.
Praetor: Saint? Archangel? Since we're dealing with angels. . .just thought I'd throw that in.

For Rank #2 in the divisional, I like Holy Crusaders. . .I know we're trying to revamp it, but it sounds good to me, or again, Saints or Archangels. Perhaps Winged Angels as well. . .for those who deserve flight to oversee the others.

Rank #1: I can't shake FA, or simply just Angels. . .

Purgatory: =D, no complaints here.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #5  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

Damn, Zin lol. I know the current ranks are okay but we wanted a bit of change here and there to spice things up. Arch Angel was brought up actually but had too much of a religious aspect. Same reason we wanted to drop Holy Crusader. We don't want to look religious.

Good ideas though. Keep 'em coming!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #6  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade
Same reason we wanted to drop Holy Crusader. We don't want to look religious.

lmfao.... i honestly dont think our ranks are going to reflect a religious image on our clan at all.... we are the Fallen Angels and teh clan name itself would already redirect anyone that picky about not joining a religious clan. If anyone played with us im pretty sure they would know in the first 5 minutes that we aren't a religious clan lol

the ranks really arent all that important to me, but i for one would like to see them remain the same, i think they were crafty to start with ;)

Last edited by Hermes : 03-08-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #7  
blood

blood is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes
lmfao.... i honestly dont think our ranks are going to reflect a religious image on our clan at all.... we are the Fallen Angels and teh clan name itself would already redirect anyone that picky about not joining a religious clan. If anyone played with us im pretty sure they would know in the first 5 minutes that we aren't a religious clan lol

the ranks really arent all that important to me, but i for one would like to see them remain the same, i think they were crafty to start with ;)
just to clarify, he said "look" not "be" meaning we don't want to send a mixed message between the ranks and the title of the clan.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #8  
panzer
AA Team

I like stoners thought....OH THAT BLOWS MY LEFT NUT!!!!
j/k but I do like overseers of Judgment cuz that kinda explain what they do in the name. But I have to say Black counsol sounds cool!
In rank 2 I like Ascended.
For the Rank 1 I like Fallen Templar, Fallen Soldier, and Ressurected.(All stoners ideas) I say this because I do agree that Risen condescends the whole 'Fallen' thing.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #9  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Hey, stoner has some nice ones there. Arbiter and Dark Paladin to be specific.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #10  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

arbiter \AR-buh-tuhr\, noun:
1. A person appointed or chosen to judge or decide a dispute.
2. Any person who has the power of judging and determining.

Here's an image with some of the concept rank names discussed in this thread, as well as the rank symbols. Rank symbols are much like stripes and bars used by the military to signify rank. Plus they just look cool :O

Look Here:
http://www.fallenangelsx.com/images/ranksymbols2.jpg

Last edited by KhaOZ : 03-03-2007 at 02:43 PM.