Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anything Goes! (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Buying an iPhone (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4706)

Gooshy 07-29-2008 10:53 AM

Yeah mine is fine. It's also a lightsaber.

MegamanEXE 07-29-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KhaOZ
Interesting. Everyone I know is having so many problems with their iphones. Bugs, random reboots or shut downs. Have yet to hear anything at all about Dare's breaking. Guy I know who works at the Verizon store here says they've yet to have many complaints or any returns or DOAs on any Dares in a month of it being out now which he said is something you just never see.

Just seems like the iphone has a lot of issues though. The online forums are flooded with it.

The positives outweigh the negatives by a large margin.

People just wanting to buy a phone shouldn't buy an iPhone. The Dare or the Voyager seems more up your alley.

KhaOZ 07-29-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegamanEXE
The positives outweigh the negatives by a large margin.

People just wanting to buy a phone shouldn't buy an iPhone. The Dare or the Voyager seems more up your alley.

Actually, I want a phone that's extremely responsive, packed with features, amazing camera, does DVD quality video, has a nice flash, on a fast internet network, etc etc. But yeah, Dare is the way to go to get all of that. iphone lacks unfortunatly :(

But hey, least you can say "i'm cool with my iphone!", and other brainwashed people will agree! Till they play with a Dare that is and realize wassup, lol.

On the real though, if you're just looking for an accessory, something like a pretty earing or a nice watch, then the iphone is for you. Sure it doesn't look as cool as other phones, but everyone seems to think it's great cause of the Apple Commercials. It's like the American Idol of phones. Quality lacks, but at least you're with the "in" crowd.

Gooshy 07-29-2008 11:29 PM

lhurgoyf 07-29-2008 11:34 PM

this sounds like a familiar argument....

dare = psp
iphone = ds
?

Gooshy 07-29-2008 11:41 PM

ds > psp

KhaOZ 07-30-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhurgoyf
this sounds like a familiar argument....

dare = psp
iphone = ds
?

More the other way around.

iphone has the big company and big marketing campaign and the "cool" factor, so it would be the PSP. Plus it has the "home brew" like the PSP did. All the little home made appz you can download that are fun to brag about but you never really use.

Dare has the fun factor, the fun features like slow mo video, dvd quality video, option to upload those videos directly to youtube with a few clicks on your phone, great camera with ass tons of cool options on it, etc, but isn't being shoved in people's faces as the "you have to buy one or you're not cool". So it's more like the DS.

But yeah, it is sorta a similar argument. Like PS3 vs wii/360 or something.

iphone is still a decent phone. Get rid of all the issues everyone's having with them, add a decent camera and some other basic features all phones should come with stock, shrink it down from that bulky beast it is now, and the iphone could be a great phone.

KhaOZ 07-30-2008 01:59 AM

Fire 09-12-2008 08:56 PM

Lol... I'm a manager at AT&T and also have a friend who works for Verizon. He actually is being told that the Dare nor any touch screen has come close to the iPhone.

The Dare is laggy, not as laggy as the Glyde, but it is. The touch is as sensitive either. I have used the Dare as well. I was surfing the web and wanted to enter my login info for forums and banking sites and it would take four or five touches before it went into the text box.

This is what I posted on another website:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayden0606;510477

I beg to differ. Of the things both do, I believe the iPhone excels.

Below are some example...

Text/SMS... Great threaded messaging, even better than the treo.

Email... This is what true HTML should be.

Voicemail... On my BB, I used to have the box full as most of the times I know who sent me a message and what they said. On the iPhone, usually under 3 or 4 as I am able to just delete right from the voicemail app. I also love the fact that I don't have to go in the order that they came in.

Browser... As this article proves, worlds ahead, just a bit closer now with the Bold's browser. I also love having tabbed browsing like Firefox/Safari.

MobileMe... 20 times better than what BIS offers. I take a pic, I upload it to my MobileMe account (20 gigs of storage) and delete. Contacts/Calendar push... forgot about it. I have a friend who is helping me look up appointments for apartments. She would just add it to my calendar on my MobileMe account and it's instantly on my iPhone while I travel with the address that I can hit and locate in the Maps application.

App store... Wow. Applications are just coming in left and right.

Games? Wow multiplied by 2. All touch and has great games.

Storage?... Not just 16GB of storage for media/files, but also for applications. I've already download over 25 apps and no slow downs what so ever. On my BB, I kept about three 3rd party apps due to precious space. (Opera Mini, Twitterberry & Telenav) Even after a while I took Telenav off.

iPod... Although I don't use this portion... for those who love watching movies or listening to music, this is awesome.

Tons more stuff, not enough time. Even after all of this, I'm not saying either device is better than the other, but for me, it's as perfect of a device as it's going to get. Once again, not perfect, but the most for my needs/wants.

Fire 09-12-2008 08:59 PM

They just posted a 2.1 update that makes it IMO the best smartphone out there.

The app store is ridiculous now. What does the Glare have? Nothing.

The only device that will come closer (not close) is the Blackberry Thunder/Storm which is a touchscreen being made by RIM.