Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Psp Usb (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2875)

Guyzea 05-07-2007 02:50 PM

Psp Usb

I just bought a PSP, when i connect the psp to my computer through USB my computer only says "Found New Hardware: PSP Type A" It asks to put in a disk/software to install. I press to see if it finds anything but it can't find anything and it can't install so i can't put any videos/pics/music on to my psp. I've searched through google and have visited different forums but they all say that that shouldn't be happening, that you should be able to just plug it in and your computer should immediately recognize the usb for the psp. What could I do to fix this problem? I have Windows XP.:drooling3:

KhaOZ 05-07-2007 03:19 PM

on your PSP, you clicked "USB Mode" right?

btw, you wasted your money :O

I just sold my PSP and got a DS a few months ago. It was collecting dust.

But hate aside, and back on topic, you're in USB mode?

It's in the far left menu, then just click "USB Mode" or what ever.

Guyzea 05-07-2007 05:00 PM

I have enough money for everything.

Yeah, i did go to usb mode but nothing.

Guyzea 05-08-2007 08:36 PM

Now I bought a memory card reader and it doesnt recognize it, it is supposed to be plug and play, no cd required but it asks me for software.
I am doomed for ever.
Maybe I messed something up on my computer, how do I do a Factory restore??

KhaOZ 05-08-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guyzea
Now I bought a memory card reader and it doesnt recognize it, it is supposed to be plug and play, no cd required but it asks me for software.
I am doomed for ever.
Maybe I messed something up on my computer, how do I do a Factory restore??

Maybe it's the memory card?

Guyzea 05-09-2007 09:36 AM

Allright, I tried reinstalling Windows XP to see if it would fix everything but I ended up messing everything up and now I can't use my computer I stays stuck at the beginning(at the BIOS thing) Then It says something like "We apologize but Windows did not start properly due to a software/hardware change... then it gives me an option to start in Safe Mode, or to load everything to an earlier setting when everything worked. Neither of those options worked, it kept bringing me to the same thing(We apologize...).
Whenever I restart, at the beginning where it checks everything it says something like"Floppy Drive Error", i think that's what it said and i get sent to that screen with the options to start in Safe mode or to Load to an earlier setting. It keeps doing the same thing over and over.

SacredTbag 05-09-2007 06:23 PM

sounds like you didn't have service pack 2 installed. but that would be odd if you didn't. as for the reinstall, you need to format the disc (not quick) before you install windows. i've never had any luck with the quick format option, it always does the same thing it's doing to you. but i'm just guessing here.

Guyzea 05-09-2007 10:06 PM

Well i just fixed everything with my 1337 trial & error skills.
Everything is back to normal and now my PC recognizes my PSP.
Now to redownload all of my programs.

Rathious 05-30-2007 11:36 AM

I just traded in my PsP to EBgames. it was cool and all but I found that every time I could have used it when I was away it was always at home so I got rid of it. I think they are cool and all but kinda a small display and I felt cross eyed after playing it. O and not to mention the controls for all the games where pretty screwie and the online play for socom fire team bravo never even worked once for me but it worked for all the other games. Anyway glad you got it figured out and I have a 512 MB card for that still I will sell for like 20 bucks if you are interested. traded it in for Prey, warhammer mark of chaos and NFS carbon along with super paper mario for the Wii. Have fun they are really cool to mess with O yeah if anyone wants a PsP manual I have one I forgot it when I traded in. They have a program disc to so you can convert stuff to the PsP format also.