Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gears of War (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Supernova's GoW tips (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1370)

Supernova 11-22-2006 10:43 AM

Supernova's GoW tips

i thought i would like to open up a thread so people could share tips on when to use a weapon, and how. i will start you all off

The Chainsaw:
when attacking someone else who has the lancer and they are facing you, fire a quick burst to make sure they dont get you then go in for the slice.

try to attack people from the sides or the back so you do not get shot up. (and to get them by surprise becuase that always amuses me)

if to see someone switch to grenades, you switch to chainsaw, you are gonna be obliterated anyway so when they come up to slam it at you chainsaw them and you will kill them before the explosion kills you (sometimes you get lucky and cut them before they place the nade)

do not go straight against someone with a shotgun becuase they will blow your face of if you go close

try and do a roll up to the person then chainsaw them, then roll back. not only does this look cool it will sometimes save you from the people waiting to kill you just after you chainsaw

here is an obvisous one but if someone comes at you with a chainsaw fire rounds into them and they will stop

oh and one more thing, i went on a match before and i killed everyone with a chainsaw then the last guy was hiding so it would be a draw and my teammates were trying to find him, i started revving my chainsaw and he got nervous and ran out so i cut him down. so revving the chainsaw helps sometimes.

following this you should get a chainsaw kill nearly all the time...

Napir 11-22-2006 12:54 PM

Good points Nova :)

The_Syrin 11-23-2006 01:53 PM

One weapon I noticed that many people don't use but is a killer is the snub shot pistol. People don't use it because it does not have the firing rate of the lancer or the close range power of the shotgun. But I found a way to generally get instant kills with it. If you get close enough to someone while holding it, pistol whip them with it and the second your pistol whip is successful start tapping the right trigger don't bother aiming just start tapping it. When you pistol whip them they will be stunned and you will be perfectly lined up with them to knock them down with 3 - 4 blind fired shots I have used this technique and killed 3 people right next to each other so practice using it and you'll get some easy kills.

Also don't be afraid to use this against someone using a shotgun. The trick to killing someone with a shotgun out is to get close (and most people are holding the left trigger to get a perfect shot on you so that they won't have to worry about getting stuck with a grenade or anything) and roll to one of there sides they won't be able to turn to you fast enough most of the time to stop you from bashing them.

Also if you see someone revving up the chainsaw smack them with the pistol and they will be stunned and you can get your self another easy kill. (This combo works most of the time. It doesnt work on stairs you'll bash them and they will go down like 2-3 steps and u will end up shooting right above there head. Also sometimes they will be able to roll away before you get the final bullet in them to knock them down this has been done to me by two people Fallen Freeman and MythTheHedgehog).

Supernova 11-23-2006 02:48 PM

seems good, but i have to say dont do any melee to chainsaw people without the sniper, cos the sniper has a better range at hitting people were as as soon as you get close to the person with the chainsaw with a pistol, if he is good at using it you might aswell kiss your legs goodbye as he will be cutting them off your body

The_Syrin 11-27-2006 08:14 AM

true but after trying out my pistol kill method alot I learned the lunge range for the chainsaw so when they are about to get right in my face I smack them and they're pretty much dead